In Switzerland, there are areas where flying drones is prohibited or only possible to a limited extent. As a drone pilot, you are required to learn about applicable area restrictions before each drone flight.
The content of the interactive drone map is not exhaustive. Further restrictions are listed below.
National and cantonal restrictions
National and cantonal zone restrictions are shown on the interactive drone map:
- 5km radius around civil or military airfields *
- Control zones CTR **
- Civil airfield perimeter according to the sectoral plan for aviation infrastructure or military airfield perimeter according to the sectoral plan for the military
- Penal institutions
- Protection areas for wild animals
- In the vicinity of nuclear power plants
- Over military zones
- Certain energy and gas supply infrastructure
* Only applies to drones that weigh over 250g
** Only applies to drones that weigh over 250g and fly higher than 120m above ground level
NOTAM / DABS
NOTAM (Notice to Airmen) is a notification containing information about the establishment, condition or change of any relevant component (facility, service, procedure or hazard) in the air space which may also apply to drone operators. The NOTAM must be checked before every flight. Most NOTAMs are shown graphically (red zone) in the Daily Airspace Bulletin Switzerland (DABS). The map is updated daily at 4pm for the following day.
Last modification 24.11.2022