Validity of dangerous goods training for all personnel categories
According to FOCA communication dated March 18th, 2020, all dangerous goods training certificates were extended until the end of July 2020.
In the meantime, (on March 21st, 2020) all training requirements for the personnel of operator and their service providers according to (EU) No 965/2012 Part-ORO and Part-SPA were extended by FOCA with immediate effect for 4 months (but no later than November 19th, 2020).
The same validity extension also applies to all personnel categories in accordance with ICAO Technical Regulations, Part 1, Chapter 4.
The following conditions apply:
1. Since March 21st, 2020 all dangerous goods training certificates (personnel categories 1 to 17, as well as categories A, B, and C for “Designated Postal Operators”) were extended by 4 months (but no later than November 19th, 2020). The renewal of the certificates is to be calculated based on the expiry date of the last certificate.
2. Mitigation measures: the employer must ensure that employees possess the necessary skills to carry out their work during the extension period. As a means of support, «briefings / leaflets / bulletins / online tools» can for example be used.
3. When applying this extraordinary extension, point 1 (e.g. with a remark in the training certificate) and point 2 (e.g. with “read and sign”) must be documented and be submitted during surveillance activities.
4. Should the current situation and the recommendations of the Federal Council normalise, the previously valid procedures will be applicable again.
5. These validity periods may be further extended by FOCA depending on the unfolding of the pandemic.
Dangerous goods training according Annex 18, ICAO TIs, Part 1, Chapter 4:
Due to the accelerated spread of the Corona virus and the restrictions imposed by the Federal Council certain training cannot be completed on schedule.
Under the circumstances FOCA has taken the following decision regarding the validity of training certificates for the transport of dangerous goods by air:
- All dangerous goods training certificates with expiry date from 01 March 2020 will keep their validity till 31 July 2020.
- The extension of these certificates shall be calculated on the basis of the expiry date of the last certificate.
A certificate expires on 31 March 2020. The refresher training, or respectively the next exam will take place on 20 June 2020.
The newly established certificate will be valid till 31 March 2022.
- For basic training no special arrangements will be granted for the time being.
- The conditions for computer based training will also remain unchanged until further notice.