- EASA Part-66 licence: The majority of licences for aircraft maintenance personnel are issued in accordance with Annex 3 of Regulation (EC) No. 1321/2014 (EASA Part-66). These licences authorise the holder to carry out and certify certain maintenance operations on aircraft.
- National licence: National licences (e.g. for maintenance on gliders with/without a motor, balloons and airships or components) exist in areas that are not governed by EU regulations or have not yet been regulated by the EU. These licences are based on the provisions of the Federal Ordinance on Aircraft Maintenance Personnel (SR 748.127.2).
A corresponding licence is required in order for personnel to carry out, supervise or certify maintenance work on aircraft or aircraft components, or apply the associated special work procedures. These licences have to be issued or officially recognised by the FOCA.
There are two types of licence:
Forms and Guidelines
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineer's Basic Practical Logbook (PDF, 179 kB, 24.11.2015)
- Antrag für nationale Ausweise des Luftfahrzeug-Instandhaltungspersonals (PDF, 80 kB, 29.08.2016)
- Antrag Luftfahrzeug-Instandhaltungsbewilligung (PDF, 134 kB, 01.01.2019)
- Application for lost or stolen Part-66 Aircraft Maintenance Licence (AML) (PDF, 163 kB, 29.08.2016)
- EASA Form 19, Application for a Part-66 AML (PDF, 744 kB, 27.03.2020)
Federal Office of Civil Aviation FOCA
Tel: +41 58 465 03 44
Tel: +41 58 462 83 79
Tel: +41 58 465 03 94