Persons wishing to obtain a pilot licence or instrument rating are required to pass an official theory examination. Candidates must pass the theory examination before they can take the practical examination.
Registration for the theory examination must always be made by the flight school. The registration form must be sent by mail to FOCA. The theory examination can be broken down into six sittings. Candidates have four attempts to pass each subject area.
All theory examinations must have been successfully passed within an 18-month period.
Once a candidate has passed the final theory examination, he or she has 24 months to take the practical examination for LAPL, PPL, SPL or BPL. A period of 36 months applies for CPL and IR.
- 69.910 PPL/LAPL(A), PPL/LAPL(H), SPL, BPL (hot-air balloon) (PDF, 526 kB, 18.06.2020)
- 69.920 CPL(A), CPL(A) Bridge (PDF, 490 kB, 18.06.2020)
- 69.921 CPL(H), CPL(H) Bridge (PDF, 490 kB, 18.06.2020)
- 69.930 ATPL(A), ATPL(A) Bridge (PDF, 479 kB, 18.06.2020)
- 69.931 ATPL(H)VFR, ATPL(H)IFR, ATPL(H)Bridge (PDF, 483 kB, 18.06.2020)
- 69.940 IR(A/H), EIR & CB IR(A) (PDF, 535 kB, 18.06.2020)